Monday, October 5, 2009

Teaching Experiences

Well I am finally updating my blog! I have spent the last 6 weeks working with 6th grade students who have behavior and emotional disorders and I have loved every minute of it. Yes it has been challenging but I think I have learned more in the last 6 weeks than I think I have sitting in lectures for the past 3 years. After my experience with these students I have decided that I really want to teach elementary students with behavior and emotional disorders....I really enjoy it and seem to be able to make school fun for these kids! I switch to another placement in 2 weeks and am excited but also sad because I am leaving the students that I consider to be my own and love spending time with. There will be more posts to come when I have time!

2 comments:

Spirit Bear said...

Hi Lizzy! I need an update. Are you still home for the holidays for awhile? Remember your friends, Deb and Patricia? We still work at the library on Tuesday nights! Yes, we want to see you and catch up, so come over. We'll make quite a fuss over you. Glad your classes are going well. Do not come on Jan.12th; I won't be there.

Spirit Bear said...

It's never too late to get this blog going again - your life is even more interesting now that you're out in the "real world," teaching and planning a wedding. Will we ever see you again? Why don't you do a New Year's 2011 post?