Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Weekend...and a little bit of this week

This weekend was a busy one (but what else is new!). Saturday was our first home football game which was fun....but sadly we lost (25-21) in the 4th quarter because of a few bad plays. Sunday was a crazy day! I volunteered for the McClean County Austim Society and helped out with their first annual run for autism. I stuck around to help with the walk portion of the program in the afternoon and had a blast.

This week I actually started working with a student in the classroom! As part of one of my classes we go into an elementary school and work with the students on their reading and writing skills. I am currently working with a second grade boy who loves to read and write, which is awesome! If anyone has any suggestions as to good books for a second grader let me know! He said he likes reading mysteries, books about animals, sports books (especially basketball), and adventure stories.

Well time for bed!

*Pictures are coming....I promise!*

1 comment:

Spirit Bear said...

Hi Lizzy! Sounds like you are having fun. Tell me about the reading level for your second grader. Do you think he would be in readers? There is one here called Hoop Stars by Kramer he might like. Nate the Great is a crowd pleaser, and I would highly recommend Eyewitness Readers. They have many animal titles, and they are so appealing. Even the level 1 is interesting, but you can try level 2.